World Sight Day 2023
World Sight Day (Thursday, October 12th) is a day to focus the world’s attention on the issues of blindness and vision impairment. Together with the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) and its global partners and members, Seva Canada is proud to participate in the #LoveYourEyes campaign. The heart of the campaign each year is to help people understand the importance of protecting their vision, and this year’s focus is on eye health in the workplace.
The global eye care community will be asking business leaders to prioritise the eye health of workers, everywhere. We’ll encourage employers to make eye health initiatives standard practice and promote eye health habits that will benefit the well-being, safety and productivity of millions of employees.
How can you take part in World Sight Day?
- The first step is prioritising your own eye health, and we invite you to pledge to #LoveYourEyes and get an eye exam.
- The next step is motivating your employer to provide quality eye care to their employees.
- Review the “A Love Your Eyes at Work Checklist for all Employers” and implement some of the recommended strategies
- Share your learnings and successes and raise awareness via social media. Don’t forget to tag @SevaCanada and @IAPB and use the hashtag #LoveYourEyes
- Download and have some fun decorating and taking selfies with #LoveYourEyes heart-shaped glasses
OR Use the heart-shaped glasses Instagram filter
Use the QR Code below
- Open the Instagram app,
- select new post, then STORY.
- Swipe left on the effect options until you reach the magnifying glass (browse effects).
- Search for ‘World Sight Day’ and Select the ‘Love You Eyes’ effect.
- Post your story!
Everyone at some stage in life will experience an eye health issue. Those of us who can access eye care should prioritise our eye health and support efforts to give everyone the same access. From factory floors and office buildings, to staff rooms and studios, let’s ensure that eye care is available, accessible and affordable to all!
Downloadable Workplace Resources:
Do you have a cool idea to promote World Sight Day with the #LoveYourEyes heart-shaped glasses? Contact Deanne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Create an EventCreate an event
- 2022 Annual General Meeting - Let's Celebrate 40 Years of Awesome!
- World Sight Day 2022 - Love Your Eyes!
- 2021 Annual General Meeting
- Love Your Eyes - World Sight Day 2021
- 2020 Annual General Meeting
- World Sight Day 2020: Hope In Sight
- VIMFF Best of Climbing Online Screening
- 2019 Annual General Meeting
- Sweat for Sight 2019
- Nicola Wealth Management Presents Motown Meltdown 2019