Thirty-five years ago, Seva’s founders had a vision – a world where no one is needlessly blind or visually impaired. Since then, generous donors like you have helped us reach the unreached, restore sight and transform lives.
This past year alone, the Seva Canada community:
- gave the power of sight to 96,084 people through life-changing cataract surgery
- provided another 1,448,969 people with basic eye care services, preventing a lifetime of needless blindness
- brought the world into focus for 10,260 children with prescription glasses
- trained 5,300 eye care professionals such as ophthalmic nurses, cataract surgeons, and community field workers
- established 7 Community Eye Centres, providing remote communities with year-round access to basic eye care
To read more about what you've helped accomplish, please see our 2016-17 Annual Report.
Every single gift we received last year made a difference - whether you provided prescription glasses, cataract surgeries, community eye screenings, supported training, or left it to us to determine where the need was greatest.
Thank you for Giving the Power of Sight in 2017!
On behalf of everyone at Seva Canada, our international partners and the hundreds of thousands of women, children and men whose lives were impacted by your support, thank you so much for your incredible generosity.