Sweat for Sight 2019
Get Sweaty and Give the Power of Sight!
What is Sweat for Sight?
Sweat for Sight is a multi-faceted event in support of Seva Canada, held around October 10, 2019 in celebration of World Sight Day. World Sight Day is an annual day of awareness focusing on blindness and visual impairment.
Studios, gyms, individuals, and teams across Canada can show their support by holding a fitness-inspired or exercise-inspired fundraiser or dedicating a fitness class to getting sweaty and restoring sight.
Ways to Get Involved
If you are a studio or gym:
- Hold a by-donation class and Sweat for Sight
- Rebrand an existing class and donate proceeds to Seva’s eye care programs
If you are an individual or team:
- Organize an event (hike, bike ride, etc.)
- Set up a fundraising page on Seva Canada’s website to raise money: http://bit.ly/2LLCPpC
- Let your network know what you’re doing to raise money for Seva and ask for their support
A little goes a long way! Raising just $50 can transform an adult’s life through a sight-restoring cataract surgery.
Want to learn more, have a look at our information package: